Sunday, October 3, 2010

Manifesto



Bismillahirrahmanirrahim...

Colin Powell has said that ‘Leadership is solving problems.



My name is Nadia Hartini Binti Suhaimi. First year second semester student. Currently I’m taking Chemical Engineering and I came from Pasir Mas, Kelantan.

A little bit about my achievement, before this I have joined Young Excellent Club (YEC) during my school time and my highest achievement is as the representatives for YEC delegation for National Convention of YEC. Besides, I’m also awarded as ’excellence’ for National level Physics and Chemistry Quiz. In UTP I am Rakan Exco SRC UTP 09/10, Secretary 1 National Green Convention 2010 and Facee Mas May’10.

1)       Internet Connection
2)       Lab facilities not function well
3)       Redundant of academic timetable
And so on…

For example, Internet connection problem that always been talked by students. So I was thinking that….Is it our SRCUTP not done their job? But what can I say; they already fight for this problem and as a result management already up the speed of the internet connection. However the problem still been issue among students. So, here I’m as the candidates that bring a mission which is ‘Voice out Our Right will bring the issue about ‘Students Right’. 

 STUDENT RIGHT 

As students we have our right to voice out our problem, our difficulties to the management because it’s for our sake.Therefore it’s important to us to fight this entire problem to make sure that our right always been number one without affecting others. 

 WHY I BRING THIS ISSUE? 

This issue bring out because the importance of making SRCUTP as the medium between students and management. By providing students the right channel to voice out their right , they’ll dare to move forward for their benefits. This will be in line with our campus aim to expand the frontiers of technology and education for betterment society in order to produce well-rounded students that have potential to become leaders of industry and the nation. If we not utilize the medium provided there’s a possibility for our students to protestl and the worst maybe it will be like ‘Penguin Revolution in Chile’. This revolution involves 790000 students protest toward their government because of changing a few things in their education system without any acknowledgement. 

 THE PROPOSED  SOLUTION 

The solution for all this problem that already haunted us for a long time so, I propose for us to have conference between management and students representatives to discuss about the problem, the solution and other alternatives that can be taken. Therefore, this will give satisfaction between management and students because both already know the real situation or problem that facing by both sides. Other that that, management can give their expectation towards students and students also can tell what they expect from management. This will be fair for both sides. The climax for this conference, mutual understanding between management and student’s representatives can be obtained.


My manifesto: my first point about ‘Students Right, then second point ‘Why I bring this issue? And last point is the proposed solution.


Donald McGannon has said that "Leadership is action, not position."

My manifesto is not easy to be done and I’m sure there will be many challenges that will obstruct, but I believe on one thing my dearest brothers and sisters that I am not alone because of what?....because I have U and U have me and I believe we can be together to write the future.. So, I will leave it to you to give a thought on the issues and make your decision. 

Vote for the right candidates and don’t forget to vote for me, NADIA HARTINI SUHAIMI, candidate no # 3

No comments:

Post a Comment